Winnie Sun Scholarship Program for Girl child – Guidelines
Limited Forms available on First cum First Serve Basis.
About the organization
Lotus Petal Foundation is a for purpose organization, working since 2011 towards getting less privileged children into the formal job market based on its program in the area of education, healthcare & skill development.
Scholarship Objective – To provide an opportunity to Meritorious but financially challenged Girl students to complete their higher education so that they can be independent & empowered to become women leaders of their community.
Program – Scholarship Program provides financial assistance upto Rs. 65000/- per annum for the duration of the academic course (Fees + living costs + travel etc.) to girl students who have secured or planned to take admission in any Govt. college recognized by central or state board college in India for completion of their undergraduate degree in the field of Medicine (MBBS/BDS), Engineering, Nursing and Pharmacy.
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Students must be citizen of India.
- Students must be a Girl child.
- Academic – Students must have completed their grade X with minimum 70% and appeared in grade XII from recognized state or central board (At the time of final selection the candidate will have to submit their grade XII marks sheet with minimum 70% marks). Min 60% marks in Grade X and XII for reserved category students (SC/ST/OBC).
- Financial – Combined family income must not be less than 8 Lakh per annum.
- Ranking Basis: 50 % Weightage to Marks secured in Entrance Exam + 25 % Weightage to Marks secured in Std X + 25 % Weightage to Marks secured in Std XII.
How to Apply?
- Students needs to visit www.lotuspetalfoundation.org
- Read all terms and condition carefully.
- Make sure you fulfill all the mentioned criteria and accept the same.
- Fill all the required details. And upload the required documents.
- Submit the application form.
- Incomplete application form will not be accepted.
- Post submission you will get confirmation on your email id. Keep the confirmation for future communication.
- Background check and verification will be done by LPCF via 3rd party verification.
- After verification interviews of the students along with parents/guardian will be conducted physically or virtually
- Final selection will be done on the basis of eligibility, ranking, background verification and interview
- An agreement will be signed between LPCF and parents/guardian.
- Education expenses will be paid directly to the institution post confirmation of admission in course
- Rest will be given as impress with a monthly cycle of reimbursements to top up based on bill submission.
- Submission of application does not confirm grant of scholarship to the applicant.
- Grant of scholarship will be at the discretion of selection board and its decision will be final and binding on the applicants.
Important Points to Remember:
- The application portal will be open from 16th September20 to 15th October’20.
- Do take care to read the scholarship form carefully, and check that all your details are correct before submitting your application
- Keep ready scan copy of all the below mentioned documents before filling online application form.
- Academic Record / Marks Sheet – (10th / 12th)
- Aadhar Card
- Admit card or result of entrance exam
- Valid income proof:-
- FOR IT PAYER: Last three months’ Pay slips; I.T. Assessment of previous year; Salary certificate from Employer.
- FOR NON-IT PAYER: Income Certificate issued from Zilla Parishad/block/tahsildar/ Local Government Authority.) / Signed Affidavit
- At the time of interview/counselling the students need to present the original copy of all the above-mentioned documents.
- In case of virtual counselling the original documents need to be presented at the time of handover the scholarship. If found any discrepancy, the application will be rejected.
- The admission letter from the college need to presented prior to disbursement of scholarship. The application will be cancelled if not provided within stipulated time.